Updating your air conditioner when needed is key to keeping your home a comfortable place. Now that an air conditioning company has installed your system, it’s important to gather information from your HVAC professional on how to keep up with the cooling system. Our AC repair company in Tampa is available to answer the following questions and more.
- How can I maintain my air conditioner? Once the HVAC professional leaves your home, some maintenance tasks will be up to you. This is why it’s important to ask about how to keep your air conditioning system clean, cleared of blockages, and free of damage. They can show you when you can perform maintenance yourself and when you will have to call a professional again.
- How long do you expect my cooling system to last? Air conditioners usually last between 10 and 15 years, but that can vary based on model and how often you use it. Your HVAC professional should be able to give a rough estimate based on your circumstances, but know that many factors can come into play.
- Does my air conditioner have a warranty? It’s important to know whether your specific model has a manufacturing warranty. That way, if there was a manufacturing flaw, you can have a new one installed free of charge. So make sure you have this information on hand.
- Are you available for future inspections? AC companies are available for installation and repair, so ask about specific inspection services and how often you should have them performed. Proper home inspection is all part of your HVAC function, so keep up with this the best you can.
- Is there a specific type of filter I should buy? Maintenance may also require you to change your filters, so ask about the best type for your air conditioner. But of course, you can also call a professional to do this for you. Weigh your options with the air conditioning company.
Unquestionably, Florida can be hot year-round, which means quality air conditioning is a must. In fact, the U.S. Energy Information Administration found that 27% of energy use in our state can be attributed to air conditioning, more than four times the national average. This is why our AC repair company in Tampa is here to serve your needs.